Last updated: April 29, 2020
Your privacy is critically important to us and we strive to be fully transparent. The only data (email address, name) we collect is data that you directly provide us with, or that we have from direct email contact with you.
Our website is hosted with Infomaniak, an independent company based in Switzerland. Infomaniak data centres are located exclusively in Switzerland and are an ecological benchmark with an average power usage effectiveness (PUE) rating of 1.11. Ecology has been at the heart of the company’s priorities since 2007. As well as offsetting all CO2 emissions by 200%, Infomaniak only uses electricity that’s certifiably from renewable sources, and systematically favours local purchases and partners; moreover, its pension fund selects its investments in accordance with ecological and social criteria. The company also commits to never engage in tax avoidance. More information here.
For the purposes of our newsletter, your data is stored with the email marketing platform we use, Elastic Email. Elastic Email is a Canadian company with offices in Poland. You can consult their Usage Policies here.
Data storage and protection
MKRS. respects your privacy and does not tolerate spam and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, address, email, etc.) to any third party. Any email we send you includes an “unsubscribe” link. You can opt out of the newsletter at any time.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information stored on your computer by a web page. It is used to identify you to the web server. It tells the server who you are when you return to a page on the same website. Your browser will only send a cookie back to the domain that originally sent it to you. A cookie cannot run any programs, deliver any viruses, or send back information about your system. For further information, visit ec.europa.eu/info/cookies
Your data protection rights
MKRS. would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your GDPR data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request MKRS. for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that MKRS. correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request MKRS. to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that MKRS. erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that MKRS. restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to MKRS.’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that MKRS. transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that MKRS. has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the French Data Protection Authority, the CNIL.